Sunday, July 14, 2024

The Boon, waiting to be discovered BY Mayur Sarda


Let me begin by being honest. I did judge the book by its cover and title. My expectation was of pure fiction with romance and drama. My mind was blown mid way. 

It is a story about a girl who has lost all hopes of a happy life. And how she navigates her way through it and comes out successful. Pretty simple right? NO it contains bomb shells of philosophy , spirituality , existentialism and culture. 

I liked the story line, I liked its tone and clarity. The author has presented wonderfully the constant chatter of the mind and initial disbelief in anything supernatural. There are some serious lessons to be learned and some hard to accept truths. And the fact that if you are willing to help yourself then the universe will send help. 

The ending could have been a bit better and longer. It felt there is a hard stop to the story. If the writing can be refined a bit, this book can be used as a guide and reminder for life. Then I stalked the author on Instagram there’s some deep shit he is trying to say. I wish him the best. 

I must admit, Do Not Judge A Book By Its Cover. 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment